Students on Rural Health Education Rotation can receive journal articles from the WVU Health Sciences Library while on field assignment through ILLiad free of charge. After logging in with your WVU Login, choose "Rural Rotation" under Status and "Health Sciences Library" as the ILL Processing Unit on the registration form. Please remember to edit/change back your status in ILLiad upon completion of your field assignment.
Please do not choose the status "Rural Rotation" unless you are currently out on clinical rotation. Rural Rotation students are those students in the Schools of Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy who are out on clinical rotations at various West Virginia Rural Health Education Partnerships sites throughout the state.
WVU Hospital & UHA Staff
Employees of WVU Hospitals and University Health Associates have access to all of the resources of WVU Libraries. Please contact the Health Sciences Library Access Services Desk at (304) 293-1933 with any questions about access.
- On Campus - all eJournals, databases and electronic resources are accessible within the Hospital or UHA buildings without having to log in.
- Off Campus & ILL - requires a WVU Login. If you do not have a WVU Login, contact Anna Crawford at (304) 293-2115 to set up an account.
- Books - Hospital and UHA employees with a WVU ID card (not hospital) can use it to check out books and print journals. Employees without a WVU ID card can apply for a library card at the Access Services desk. Borrowing periods and limits are the same for Hospital/UHA employees as WVU faculty and staff.
All computers in the Health Sciences Library are administered by the HSC ITS Learning Center. The lab features:
- 55 computer workstations
- 8 computer equipped study rooms
- Study tables and carrels with laptop compatible power and data ports
- Two, 25 seat computer classrooms that can be opened into one 50 seat classroom
- Wireless internet is available throughout the library. For assistance with connecting your laptop or wireless device to the network, please contact the ITS Service Desk.
All computers have Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop, and a variety of health sciences software. For a current list of available software, contact the Learning Center desk at (304) 293-3631 extension 5.