Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about ILLiad
How do I renew ILL materials?
Renewing ILL materials
- Log into your ILLiad account with your WVU LOGIN username and password.
- Any loans currently checked out to you will be listed on the landing page under "Checked Out Items" after you log in.
- To renew a specific item, you may either
- Click on the "Renew" button to the right of the title OR
- Click on the title of the item
- Click on "Renew" at the top of the next screen.
- If the "Renew" buttton is greyed-out, it means either:
- It is too soon to request a renewal - try again closer to the due date OR
- The lending library does not allow renewals on that item
- When a user renews an ILL item, it is considered a request for renewal and the system will fill in an approximate due date. ILL staff cannot renew ILL materials until the Lending Library has responded to the renewal request. They may allow the item to be renewed or they may refuse to renew it.
- Check back after a few days to see if the book has been officially renewed and what the actual due date is.
What is my ILLiad username and password?
You use your WVU Login username and password to access ILLiad.
Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
ILL Department Contacts
If you are staff from a library that would like to borrow materials from WVU, and
does not have OCLC, please fill out this form to set up an account for your library.
Individuals with interlibrary loan questions, should contact the appropriate library or individual listed below.
- Interlibrary loan 304-293-0368
- Kyla Lucas 304-293-0315
- Judi McCracken 304-293-0321
- Interlibrary loan 304-293-9762
- Denisha Murray 304-293-9751
- Kim Stamm 304-293-9746
- Jake Hiles 304-293-1930
- Eugene Kyle 304-293-1931
- Hilary Fredette 304-293-0318
Health Sciences Library
Director of Operations and Resource Sharing
or email WVUILLBorrowing@mail.wvu.edu