The WVU Libraries Graduate Research Commons is a space in the Downtown Library designed to meet the study, technological, and collaboration needs of WVU graduate students.
It provides study, lounge, and meeting areas with specialized equipment and software. Meeting rooms are equipped for virtual meetings with large screens and computers. Room 122B includes a built-in web camera suitable for use with small groups and Room 122A provides easy connectivity for laptops and web cameras, both of which can be checked out at the service desk on the first floor.
Graduate students are invited to use the space for study or small group meetings.
The Graduate Research Commons Room will periodically host workshops, programs, and events focused on developing soft skills and interdisciplinary relationship for graduate students and early career faculty.
- Use is limited to graduate and professional students currently enrolled at WVU
- The space may be reserved by WVU graduate student groups and clubs upon request. The space cannot be reserved as classroom space for regularly scheduled courses.
- Reservation requests for the whole space should be sent to the Research Services department at ResearchServices@mail.wvu.edu to make reservation request at least one week in advance. Reservation requests may be denied during times of heavy use of the space by students.
- A valid WVU ID Card is needed for entry
- Meeting rooms may be reserved for up to 6 hours a week using the study room reservation system
- The space is subject to The WVU Libraries Basic Library Policy Governing Public Use. The libraries expect students to respectfully share the space with their colleagues. We reserve the right to ask disruptive students to leave or modify their behavior.