Laptops are available for checkout from the Downtown Campus and Evansdale Libraries to all WVU students, faculty and staff (Users).
- Users must present their WVU ID to check out a laptop.
- While a laptop is in a User’s possession, the User shall be responsible for it at all times. If the laptop is lost, stolen or damaged, the User shall be responsible for any repair or replacement costs. Users should not leave laptops unattended.
- Laptops are for in-library use only. Users are not permitted to remove the laptop from the library premises. The fine for removing a library laptop from the library is $25.00.
- Laptops loan period
- Downtown Campus Library: due by close of business on the day they are checked out
- Evansdale Library: due in 8 hours
- Laptops must be returned to the Access Services desk.
- If the laptop is not returned to the Access Services desk by the time the Library closes, the User will be charged a replacement fee plus an overdue fine of $25.00 per day. They may prosecuted pursuant to applicable Federal, State and/or Local laws and/or WVU Policies.
- While on a laptop, Users should save all their work to a thumb drive, other storage area, or email documents to themselves. The WVU Libraries are not responsible for any material left on the laptop.