(These policies are applicable to circulating materials in most libraries on campus. They are not necessarily true for all libraries on campus.)
WVU Loan Periods
Undergrads: 1 semester (up to 50 items)
Graduates: 1 semester (up to 200 items)
Faculty & Staff: 1 semester - (up to 200 items)
WV Residents and Regional Borrowers: 4 weeks (up to 5 items)
Bound and Unbound Journals
Faculty, staff, & students: 3 days
WV Residents and Regional Borrowers: In-Library Use Only
Materials may be renewed online, in person, or by phone.
Loan Periods for Special Materials
- Calculators - 1 day
- Children's Collection - Semester
- Classroom Teaching Equipment (data projectors, screens, etc.) - 1 day
- Course Reserves - 2 hours and overnight
- Eliza's Coffee Shop Books - Semester
- Evansdale Library Leisure Reading Collection - Semester
- Laptop Computers-
- Most are 1-day loans, in-library loans, due when the library closes (Downtown Library) or 8 hours (Evansdale Library)
- A small number of laptops at the Downtown and Evansdale libraries can be borrowed for 10 days; no renewals
- Multimedia Equipment (video cameras, digital voice recorders, etc.) - 1 week
- Playscripts - 4 weeks
- Sound Recordings (Compact Discs, Cassettes, LPs)- 1 semester
- Media (dvds, etc.) - 7 days
The following materials are In-Library Use Only:
West Virginia Center Materials
- Undergraduates: 3 Weeks (up to 30 items)
- Graduates: 1 semester (up to 200 items)
- Faculty & Staff - 1 Semester (up to 200 items)
(Fines may vary among campus libraries)
Notices are sent via campus email. Fines will not be forgiven if you do not receive your email. Payment for fines and fees can be made via credit card, Mountie Bounty or check. The library does not accept cash.
- Books and any items with accompanying media that have not been returned or renewed within 30 days past their due dates will be treated as “Lost”. Bills will be issued for the lost item replacement. Replacement costs are determined by the specific item.
- Once the bill is paid, the library user has six months to return the item and still receive a credit for the replacement charge.
The following items are not covered by these guidelines and do accrue daily fines: periodicals,
media items, laptops and other digital devices, reserve items, and ILL and E-ZBorrow
- Most laptops and laptop chargers are In-Library Use Only. Those designated as such should not leave the library; doing so will incur a $25 fine.
- The Downtown and Evansdale Libraries each have 5 laptops available for a 10 day loan, with no renewal.
- All overdue laptops are fined at $25/day.
- In general, faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students have a semester loan for books. However, loan periods may vary among campus libraries.
Student fines and bills are referred to the Office of Student Accounts and can be paid there or online via the link to Student Accounts in STAR or Mix.
Faculty and staff borrowing privileges are blocked for fines totaling more than $100 or when un-returned materials have been billed for replacement. Payment for fines and bills can be made via credit card, Mountie Bounty or check. The library does not accept cash.
- Administrative recalls (for Reserves)
3.00 per day
- Course Reserve materials
.05 per minute per item
- 3 Day Circulating Journals
1.00 per day
- Laptops and chargers
Fines are $25/day
1.00 per day
- Multimedia & Classroom Teaching equipment
5.00 per day
- ILL/ILLiad materials
1.00 per day
- Lost Materials
Cost of replacement and processing