Attributes of Illiad:
- Order any type of item; articles, books, DVDs, etc.
- Articles may arrive in a few hours or could take up to a week
- Books may take 1+ weeks to arrive
- Cannot order textbooks through ILL
- Loan periods vary
- Overdue fines assessed at $1.00/day/item
- $10 non-pickup fee
Renewing ILLiad Materials
To renew interlibrary loan/ILLiad items that are checked out to you, log into your ILLiad account at https://illiad.lib.wvu.edu/ with your WVU ID and password.
Once logged in to the ILLiad homepage, under “Checked Out Items” is the list of everything you have borrowed. To the right of each item, there are two buttons, “Renew” and “Actions”. Go to the title of the item you want to renew:
- Click on the “Renew” button (or the Renew choice listed under “Actions”) to request a renewal.
- Requesting a renewal doesn’t guarantee that the item will be renewed. Some libraries will not allow renewals.
- WVU ILL staff will request a renewal from the lending library and send an email with a new due date or return date.
- NOTE: Your material is not renewed until you receive an email with a new due date.
- If the “Renew” button (or the Renew choice listed under “Actions”) is greyed out, the lending library is not allowing renewals for that item.
- In order to avoid fines, you need to return the materials by the due date.
If renewals are not allowed or your request is turned down, you must return the item by the due date. If you still have a need for the material, you may request it again.
- To re-request materials that have been returned, at the top of your ILLiad homepage, select “History”, go to the list of Completed Requests and select “Clone Request” from the “Actions” link.